Rotary Knife Switches
Rotary knife switches are mudular & compact in design and are very versatile for switching a.c. as well as d.c. resistive & inductive loads. They are used as Control switches in Control Panels and equipments such as MV & HV - Vaccum Circuit Breakers, Gas Circuit Breakers, On Load Tap Changers and Motor control panels. The switches are used as Mains switch or for instrument selector i.e. Ammeter selector & Voltmeter selector switches. These switches offer advantage of having quick make and break contacts for on load d.c. applications.
- Knife type of contacting making it suitable for switching on load d.c.
- Self cleaning of contacts is done during the operation.
- Modular design to achieve any number of poles with minimum components.
- Specially designed operator independent quick make/break mechanism.
- Superior insulating material ensures electricals & mechanical stability.
- Conventional free AIr Thermal Current Rating (lth):16 Amp.
- Operational Voltage: 220 volts d.c.
- Operational Current: 6 Amp.
- Utilisation Category: DC13
- Switching capacity: Inductive loads with L/R ratio (time constant) of 20mS
- Dielectric Strength: 2.0 kv for 1 minute
- Insulation Resistance: > 500 Mohm
- Mechanical Durability: > 5,00,000 operations
- Electrical Durability: > 100,000 operations
Click Here to Download Detail Catalog